Monday, January 23, 2012

iReport Milestone

     iReport of CNN reached 1 million registered members today. It seems that CNN is very proud of this and I'm sure this benefits them in many ways.


     For those of you that don't know, iReport is a "compilation of news items submitted by citizen journalism," as defined by CNN. In other words, anyone can post things about news from around the world. 
     I have a few reservations about this website, but I haven't really come to an ultimate decision on how I feel about it.
     On one hand, it's great that it allows people to share what's going on around the world and let's us see what we might not always be able to know. On the other hand, some "news" will be biased and we can't read up on the people posting to see if they are credible sources or not.

How do you feel about iReport? Is it beneficial or destructive to the media world?

No comments:

Post a Comment