Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pinterest... a fraud?

Bloggers and news sites around the states are talking about one particular subject today. Pinterest.

Pinterest is a site that is designed like a pin-board where people have begun planning weddings, sharing craft ideas, styling themselves, and many other things beyond belief. So, why are people talking so much about it today?

Well, a new question has risen. How is Pinterest making money? There are no visible ads or places to donate. CBSDC's website spoke to Pinterest user, Ingrid Sanden, "With no apparent advertisers displayed anywhere on the site, it leaves Sanden feeling skeptical about every user being real; thinking Pinterest possibly creates fake accounts to suggest certain products." 

Questions arose when it was discovered that Pinterest has become "the fastest Web site in history to break the 10-million-visitors-a-month threshold."

Personally, I wouldn't care if Pinterest is making money by creating fake accounts. I love pinning on Pinterest because there is finally a site where I can laugh, have fun, and not worry about other people's drama or everything about their lives. I have been able to create some really fun boards on Pinterest displayed in my picture. Check it out!


So, will Pinterest continue to gain traction or fizzle out? What do you think?

1 comment: